Hi everyone! I’m so excited to finally be posting on here! If you are new to me, hello and welcome! I’m Sara and I’m the creative behind Nymph In The Woods! I fell in love with glass over 10 years ago and it slowly developed into my passion for creating the jewelry you see here!
To kick things off, I thought I would share some fun random facts about me! (I would love to get to know you, so share one about yourself in the comments!)
- My boyfriend and I have 2 dogs (mastiff mix named Achilles and a Rottweiler mix named Crystal) and 3 rats (Bram, Ren, and Harker)!
- I have lived in central Iowa my whole life
- My favorite place I’ve ever traveled was Peru!
- I am also passionate about healthy eating and fitness and I blog about it here!
- I have a deep and abiding love for everything Buffy the Vampire Slayer!
- I love almost every kind of music and can switch between jazz, Broadway, and rap all in one day
- I went to college for Biology and Anthropology, with the goal to become a bioarchaeologist and forensic anthropologist (think “Bones”)
- I wanted to be an architect for most of my childhood, all the way up to college
- I couldn’t cook until I was almost 20 years old!
- My favorite thing I never get to do is horseback riding!
So why the blog? Well, while I love sharing my work on social media, it can’t get nearly as in depth as a website can! Here are just a few of the things I plan to do with this site:
- More behind the scenes photos and videos! I can’t wait to really be able to show you how I make my jewelry!
- Life as an artist and an entrepreneur
- Make it easier to design and order custom orders
- More fashion! How to’s on styling, outfit inspo and more!
- Special deals and early access to new collections for email subscribers
This is just a small amount of what I hope to do with this site and I’m so excited for you to join me on this journey!