I know I’m a bit late to the party, but it’s 2019 y’all! And I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am for it. First off, it’s the beginning of my 3rd full year in business. Can you believe it?! I know I can’t.
And this is the 2nd year that I’m setting a word of intention for the year. Last year, the word was “balance”. Trust me, it was needed! As you can imagine, my first year in business was crazy and I didn’t know how to balance my life. So that word came to me pretty easily! It’s still something I work on regularly, but I believe that I did a lot better on this in 2018 than I did in 2017. More separation between work and home life, less skipped workouts and more sleep.
Some jewelry-related highlights from 2018:
- I got my work into Five Monkeys and Wanderlust
- I started selling at fine arts shows – and I even placed 2nd in jewelry at one of them!
- I launched this website
- I transitioned into working fully with raw copper and sterling silver
Other 2018 highlights:
- I became a certified Pound Pro and personal trainer!
- I stepped outside my comfort zone a lot and grew a lot because of it
- I did real “adulting” hahaha and we bought 2 cars!
Of course, that is just a quick snapshot of 2018, but overall, there was a lot to be excited about! So when it came time to set a word of intention for 2019, I wanted to pick something that would keep that momentum going and push me even further! It took a while, but finally THRIVE found me. I can’t wait to see what 2019 brings – some of it may not even be an idea right now!
But here are just a few of the things I have planned for this year:
- Videos! More videos showing how my pieces are actually made – both for those who are just curious and those who want to learn as well!
- More art shows. And with that, some seriously upgraded displays <3 for those of you who love my current displays, don’t worry! The wood display cases and features aren’t going away. They are just being added to and enhanced.
- New fused glass techniques – Last year was “upping my game” in my metalwork and materials. While I still plan on improving that this year, I am super excited to have some new tools to improve my glasswork as well!
- More stores. I am striving to get into at least 2 more stores this year. We will see what develops from that!
- Growing my newsletter – I can’t wait to give my newsletter besties more awesome deals and jewelry, including my monthly giveaway that happens only on my newsletter! (if you haven’t joined yet, what are you waiting for?!?)
- More photography collaborations (like the one that got me that gorgeous photo above! No, that’s not me haha)
I am thrilled to see what happens this year, and even more excited that you all are joining me on this journey!
Do you set a word of intention for the year? If you do, what is yours for 2019?